Data protection policy
Data protection statement
1. Information on the gathering of personal data
(1) Below we will inform you about the gathering of personal data when using our website. Personal data means all data that applies to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user conduct.
(2) Responsible acc. to Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Vor dem Weißen Stein 21
(see our legal information).
You can contact our data protection officers at Datenschutz@alber.de
or by post addressed to "der Datenschutzbeauftragte" (the data protection officer).
(3) When contacting us by email or using a contact form, the details that you provide (your email address, possibly your name and telephone number) are saved by us in order to answer your queries. We delete any data obtained in this context as soon as storage is no longer necessary or restrict processing if there are any legal obligations to retain data. With the submission of your request you grant us your permission to process your data in accordance with art. 6(1), point (a) GDPR.
(4) Should we wish to go back to contracted service providers for certain functions on our site or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the corresponding procedures below. We will also specify the criteria established for the storage period.
2. Your rights
(1) You can exercise the following rights against us regarding your personal data:
– right to access
– right to rectification or erasure
– right to restriction of processing
– right to object to processing
– right to data portability.
(2) Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by us.
3. Gathering of personal data when using our website
(1) When the website is merely used for information purposes, that is, when you do not register or provide us with any other information, we only gather the personal data that your browser conveys to our server. If you wish to browse our website, we gather the following data, which is necessary for us to be able to display our website and guarantee stability and security (the legal basis for this is art. 6(1), point (f) GDPR):
• IP address
• date and time of the request
• time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• content of the request (specific page)
• access status/HTTP status code
• the amount of data transferred in each case
• website from which the request is sent
• operating system and its user interface
• browser software version and language.
(2) In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are also stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are downloaded from your browser and stored on your hard drive and through which certain information flows to the website that sets the cookies (in this case us). Cookies cannot run any programmes or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website more user friendly and effective on the whole.
a) This website uses the following kind of cookies, the scope and mode of operation of which are explained below:¬
• session cookies (see b)
• permanent cookies (see c).
b) Session cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They save what is known as a session ID, with which different requests from your browser are related to the same session. This means that your computer is recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which can differ from one cookie to the next. You can delete the cookies at any time in your browser's security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your requirements and, for example, decline to accept third party cookies or all cookies. We wish to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not stored by your browser but by your Flash plug-in. Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects save the necessary data regardless of which browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not wish these Flash cookies to be processed, you must install a corresponding add-on, e.g. "Clear Flash Cookies" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clear-flash-cookies/?src=search) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. The use of HTML5 storage objects can be prevented by setting your browser to privacy mode. We also recommend that you manually delete cookies and your browser history on a regular basis.
4. Other functions and features of our website
(1) Alongside use of our website purely for information purposes, we also offer different services that may be of interest to you. To access these services, as a rule you must provide further personal data, which we use to provide the service in question and to which the above-mentioned data processing policies apply.
(2) We use external service providers to process some of your data. They are carefully selected and commissioned and are bound by our instructions and regularly inspected.
(3) Furthermore, we can pass on your personal data to third parties if the signing of agreements or other services are offered by us together with partners. You will receive further information on this when you submit your personal data or mentioned below in the offer description.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this situation in the offer description.
5. Withdrawal or objection to the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw it at any time. Once you have notified us of it, such a withdrawal affects the reliability of the processing of your personal data.
(2) Provided that we support the processing of your personal data in the balance of interest, you can lodge an objection against its processing. This is the case when said processing is not entirely necessary to perform a contract with you, which is illustrated correspondingly in the description of the functions below. Upon lodging such an objection, we ask you to explain your reasons why we should not process your personal data in our usual manner. In the event of a justified objection, we will check the circumstances and will either stop or adapt the data processing or present to you the reasons why we shall continue to process said data on compelling and legitimate grounds.
(3) You can of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can notify us of your objections to advertising at the following address: email@example.com
6. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a website analysis service by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies" - small text files which are saved on your computer and allow your use of the website to be analysed. The data created by the cookie regarding your use of the website are usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved on that server. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address within the member states of the European Union or within states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area is shortened by Google before transmission. The complete IP address is transmitted through the Google server in the USA and shortened there only in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to analyse your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to the use of the website and the Internet to the operator of the website.
(2) Your IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be merged with other data by Google.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the add-on "_anonymizeIp()". Thus IP addresses are shortened prior to further processing, preventing identification of the individual. Should any personal references be conveyed with the data gathered, these are immediately excluded and the personal data is promptly deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website in order to make regular improvements. Through the statistics gathered we can improve our website and make it more interesting for you as a user. In exceptional cases in which personal data are transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US privacy shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is art. 6(1), point (f) GDPR.
(6) Third-party supplier details: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/, data protection overview: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection statement: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy and https://privacy.google.com/
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for cross-device analysis of streams of visitors, which is carried out via a user ID. You can disable cross-device analysis in your customer account under "My data", "personal data".
7. Embedding of YouTube videos
(1) We have embedded YouTube videos on our website that are stored on www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all embedded in "extended data protection mode", meaning that no data referring to you as a user can be transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transferred. We have no influence over this data transfer.
(2) Through your visit to the website YouTube receives the information that you have called up the corresponding page on our website. In addition, the data mentioned in section 3 of this statement is also transferred. This happens regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you have logged in to or not. When you are logged in on Google, your data are directly associated with your account. If you do not wish your profile to be associated with YouTube, you must log out before pressing play. YouTube saves your data as a user profile and uses it for advertising and market research purposes and/or the needs-based structuring of its website. Such analysis particularly results (even for users who are not logged in) in the provision of needs-based advertising and in other users of the social network being informed about your activity on our website. You have the right to object against the creation of this user profile, whereby to exercise this right you must contact YouTube (https://www.so-geht-youtube.de/datenschutzerklaerung/).
(3) You can find out more on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by YouTube in the data protection statement. There you will also find further information on your rights and settings options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
8. Facebook Custom Audiences
(1) Furthermore, the website uses the remarketing function "Custom
Audiences" by Facebook Inc. ("Facebook"). This enables users of the website to be shown advertisements related to their interests ("Facebook Ads") when visiting the social network Facebook or any other website that uses the system. With this we aim to show you advertising that is of interest to you, in order to make our website more relevant.
(2) Based on the marketing tools used, your browser automatically creates a direct link with the Facebook server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data that is gathered by Facebook through the use of this tool and thus inform you accordingly of our knowledge of this: through the integration of Facebook Custom Audiences, Facebook receives the information that you have called up our website or have clicked on one of our advertisements. If you are registered for any of Facebook's services, Facebook can associate the visit with your account. Even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not logged in, it is possible that the provider may learn and store your IP address and further identifiers.
(3) You can disable the "Facebook Custom Audiences" [here and] for logged-in users at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_.
(4) The legal basis for the processing of your data is art. 6(1), point (f) GDPR. You can find further information on data processing by Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
9. Instagram social plugin
So-called social plugins ("plugins") are used on our website by Instagram, which is run by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA ("Instagram"). These plugins are labelled with an Instagram logo, for example in the form of an Instagram camera. You can see an overview of the Instagram plugins and their appearance here: http://blog.instagram.com/post/36222022872/introducing-instagram-badges If you call up a page on our website that contains such a plugin, your browser will create a direct link to the Instagram server.
10. Use and transmission of personal data
(1) When you request a service from us, your personal data is only used in the scope necessary to carry out the task (e.g. to process requests for information or catalogue orders). This particularly includes the transmission of your data to distribution companies in your country: Invacare International Sarl c/o Invacare NV (Belgium); ELPAK Medical and Special equipment (Bulgaria); Invacare International Sarl c/o Invacare AS (Denmark); Haltija Group OY (Finland); Invacare International Sarl c/o Invacare France Opérations (France); Katsioridis Wassilis & Co (Greece); Invacare UK (Great Britain); Baronmead International Ltd. (Great Britain); Invacare Ireland Ltd. (Ireland); STOD-ORTHOTICS PROSTHETICS (Iceland); Invacare Mecc San Srl. (Italy); Vimec S.r.l. (Italy); Bauerfeind d.o.o. (Croatia); UAB "TEIDA" (Lithuania); Invacare International Sarla c/o Invacare B.V. (Netherlands); Invacare International Sarl (Norway); Invacare Austria GmbH (Austria); APCO Przedsiebiorstwo Wielobranzowe Sp.z.o.o. (Poland); Invacare International Sarl c/o Invacare Lda. (Portugal); Invacare International Sarl c/o Invacare AB (Sweden); Invacare AG (Switzerland); MiVam d.o.o. (Slovenia); Invacare International Sarl C/ Areny, s.n. (Spain); SIVAK medical technology s.r.o. (Czech Republic); destek Rehabilitasyon Teknolojileri Ltd. Sti (Turkey); Procopiou Medishop Ltd. (Cyprus); Green international Medical Co. (Bahrain/Qatar); Janley Ltd (Hong Kong); Orthopedica Steiner (G.S. 1992) Ltd. (Israel); Alber Japan Co. Ltd. (Japan); TONG-IL Medical Co., Ltd (Korea); Jassim Mohammed Al Khabaz & Sons Co. (Kuwait); SocMedGrupp (Russia); Wadhaa Medical Corp. (Saudi Arabia); DNR Wheels Pte Ltd (Singapore); Geekay (PvT) Limited (Sri Lanka); Goldgear Group (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (Thailand); Arabian Ethicals Co. (United Arab Emirates); The Rehabilitation Centre (Australia); Invacare New Zealand (New Zealand); Solutions Medical cc. (South Africa); Invacare Canada Inc. (Canada); Alber USA LLC (USA); Healthumana (Colombia); Rehavita S.A. (Argentina); Paracare SpA (Chile); Glamhealthco. (Latin America without Venezuela); Inversiones Alfredo Müller Limitada (Uruguay); Plenia Health Corp (Venezuela), (you can find an overview of our distribution partners overseas here: https://www.alber.de/en/contact/), transport companies, credit institutions or other services involved in fulfillment of the contract and provision of services.
Your personal data shall not be transmitted to any third parties other than the above and in particular shall not be sold.
Von dieser Vorgehensweise gibt es folgende Ausnahmen: Wir geben Kundendaten und persönliche Daten über Kunden bekannt, wenn wir hierzu gesetzlich verpflichtet sind oder wenn eine solche Weitergabe erforderlich ist, um unsere Rechte sowie die Rechte unserer Kunden und diejenigen Dritter zu schützen (z.B. im Fall von Angriffen auf unsere Netzinfrastruktur). Dies kann z.B. einen Datenaustausch mit Unternehmen beinhalten, die auf die Vorbeugung und Minimierung von Missbrauch und Kreditkartenbetrug und/oder auf IT-Sicherheit spezialisiert sind. Es wird ausdrücklich klargestellt, dass in diesem Zusammenhang keine Weitergabe der Daten an dieses Unternehmen zum wirtschaftlichen Gebrauch erfolgt, der im Widerspruch zu dier Datenschutzerklärung steht.
(2) Our employees and the companies whose services we hire are of course obliged to secrecy and to comply with the requirements of the GDPR.
(3) We commission other companies and individuals to carry out tasks for us. Examples of these include parcel delivery, sending letters and emails, analysing databases, IT services, advertising, making payments, and customer services. These service providers have access to personal information which is necessary to complete their tasks. However, they may not use this for any other purposes. Furthermore, they are obliged to treat the information according to this data protection statement and the GDPR and we have entered legal agreements with them accordingly.
11. Application management (information acc. to art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation)
In accordance with art. 13 GDPR, we would like to give you some information on the use of your data in the application process:
(1) The personal data are processed to carry out the application process and decide upon the conclusion of a work contract (acc. to art. 6(1), points (a) and (b) GDPR).
(2) Empfänger oder Kategorien von Empfängern der personenbezogenen Daten: Personalabteilung sowie Führungskraft der Position, auf die sie sich beworben haben sowie die Geschäftsführung. Eine Übermittlung an Dritte erfolgt nicht, mit Ausnahme unseres Dienstleisters der Bewerbermanagementsoftware Persis im Rahmen der Auftragsverarbeitung (Persis GmbH, Theodor-Heuss-Straße 5, 89518 Heidenheim).
(3) There is no intention of passing personal data on to any third party country or international organisation.
(4) Duration of storage of personal data: the data will be deleted 6 months after completion of the application process. If a work contract is concluded, we will provide additional information on the use of data within the working relationship.
(5) The provision of this personal data is not prescribed by law or a contract. However, it is necessary to submit personal data in order to conclude a work contract. You are not obliged to provide your personal data. Failure to provide said data would mean that we are unable to take you into account in the application process.
(6) The decision-making process is not automated.
(7) You are entitled to be informed about the personal data that affects you by those responsible, as well as about any rectification or deletion or limitation of processing. You have the right to object to processing. We also wish to point out that you have a right to portability. This means that you are entitled to keep the personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, accessible, machine-readable format and you have the right to pass these data on to another responsible party without any obstruction from us.
(8) You have the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible data protection authorities. The supervisory authority responsible for data protection is:
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg Postfach 10 29 32, 70025 Stuttgart Königstraße 10a, 70173 Stuttgart Tel.: +49 711 615541–0 Fax: +49 711 615541–15 Email: poststelle(at)lfdi.bwl.de Internet: http://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de